Welcome to the NLCS Maths Department Website!
Here are some distractions:
- The Numberphile website is replete with interesting videos.
- Alex Bellos releases an amazing puzzle every Monday!
- Nrich has problems for you to work on, as well as some interesting articles.
- There are some BBC News articles about maths and beauty, maths and women, maths and parents, and maths abroad.
- The NYTimes maths blog has loads of challenging puzzles and solutions, and recently went viral with this problem.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics is an amazing database where you can find anything about any mildly-interesting mathematician.
- Ms Copin's favourite card games are Dobble and SET. Something to ask your parents for so you can beat them at games in the holidays.
- Mr McMillan's favourite website is currently Seeing Theory - a very cool visual way of playing with probability and statistics.
- More cool consumerism is here...